FIRE SUPPORT is my arsenal of marketing tips, tactics, trends and tools for defense contractors who want to increase sales, particularly to commercial markets.
Over the years, friends in the defense industry would say something like: “Douglas, I work for a defense contractor so we don’t need to do any ‘marketing,’ but let me ask you something…”
Then the marketing questions would start.
In the course of answering my friends’ questions I discovered two things:
- Some defense contractors were getting lousy marketing advice.
- Defense contractors were wasting a lot of money on what they thought was ‘marketing.’
So, I developed this blog to be a marketing resource for defense contractors. If you have any marketing questions, I hope you will call or reach out to me online. My conversations with defense contractors inspire the topics that are most helpful for my readers.
My Top Posts
If you are new to my site, you might want to start with my most popular posts.
- 6 Marketing Trends Defense Contractors Should Exploit Now
- The Content Marketing Field Manual for Defense Contractors
- Why It’s Time for Defense Contractors To Market Creatively
- The 11 Best Practices For Winning Government Contracts
- Winning Government Contract Proposals: The Ultimate 19-Point Checklist
- 29 Reasons Why Government Contract Proposals Fail
- Government Contractors: Top 10 Rules of Winning Proposals
- How The Defense Industry Is Using Social Media
- How Defense Contractors Should Respond To Critics on Social Media
- 15 Reasons Why More Aerospace & Defense CEOs are “Liking” Social Media
- Why Defense Contractor CEOs Are Getting Serious About Social Media
- Why A Defense Contractor Website Needs A Blog Like A Jet Needs Fuel
- Defense Contractor Website Design: Why Fire And Forget Is Best
- How Defense Contractors Can Decode Keyword Research For Marketing
- The Most Popular Defense Contractor Trade Show Swag
- How Defense Contractors Can Link Marketing With Trade Show Success
- Defense Contractors: Trade Show Cancelled? Market With LinkedIn Groups!
You can also use the search bar to find other posts that might be of interest.
After graduating from Virginia Military Institute, I served for three years as a U.S. Army field artillery officer in Germany. Later, after earning an MBA, I spent the first 10 years of my business career in New York City, working on Madison Avenue at top 10 agencies JWT and Grey. In 2001, I founded Artillery, a business-to-business (B2B) marketing agency.
I host The Marketing Book Podcast. The goal of the podcast is to help you keep up with the smartest thinking in the fast-moving field of modern marketing. In each episode I interview authors and marketing experts to provide you with actionable marketing insights, tips, tactics and resources to improve your marketing and grow your business.