With the new LinkedIn company page, defense contractors can increase awareness of their company and products, improve search engine rankings and generate more leads.
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional social network. Every second, two people join the network of over 160 million users in over 200 countries and territories.
The users of LinkedIn tend to be affluent and influential, and can easily discover people employed by a certain company, or various types of business someone has worked for.
Any defense contractor that is looking to connect with industry professionals and generate leads should be using LinkedIn.
In a DefenceIQ report of social media use by the defense industry, respondents indicated that LinkedIn is considered one of the most effective social media platforms. Over 90% of respondents claimed that LinkedIn is “Critical,” “Very Effective,” or “Somewhat Effective” for brand awareness and thought leadership.
Recently, LinkedIn announced a new look for its Company Pages. In an effort to to bring a more visual and relevant experience to LinkedIn members, the Company Pages now give businesses a more complete set of tools to market themselves.
…this means a more powerful way to build relationships with your target audience on LinkedIn. – Mike Grishaver, LinkedIn
A LinkedIn Company Page has six key sections:
- Overview – Provides an opportunity to make a good first impression, and can answer questions about why someone should hire your firm, what it has accomplished, why it is different. It also includes an Overview tab for company updates, job postings and new hires.
- Careers – If recruiting top talent is a priority for your firm like it is for most defense contractors, this page is crucial (it does require a paid subscription). Not only can you reach the millions of LinkedIn users, you also have the ability to see who has viewed your job and how closely they match your job requirements.
- Products – If you’ve ever been asked “what exactly do you guys do?” – here’s your opportunity to get ahead of that question. In this section, you can also post recommendations and drive traffic back to specific sections of your website.
- Follower Insights – This is like a CT scan of the people who follow your Company Page. Includes analytics like demographics, industry, region, company size, and more.
- Page Insights – This provides detail on who is visiting which sections, and how one page’s visitors differ from another.
- Employee Insights – This provides information on your employees, such as new titles, who has departed, where your employees previously worked, what skills your employees have and who has been recommended the most.
A new HubSpot ebook lists four benefits of a using a LinkedIn Company Page for marketing:
- Company Reach – Every one of your employees on LinkedIn is already listing your company on their profile. By having a Company Page, each of your employees can drive visitation to that page and dramatically increase your reach.
- Product Awareness – You can list multiple products/services on different pages and see which pages are getting the most visitation and interaction. Additionally, people can see which of their connections have recommended specific products of your company.
- Search Engine Optimization – LinkedIn Jobs appear in search results and on Twitter. Additional, LinkedIn is its own search engine for finding jobs and companies. If you’re not there, you won’t get found by that prospective hire or lead.
- Lead Generation – LinkedIn Company Updates allow you to link to marketing offers or content to drive traffic to your website. Also, the Products page has the ability to include calls-to-action for offers such as research reports or whitepapers, adjacent to recommendations from recognizable connections.
Click here to download the 62-page ebook “A Step-By-Step Guide to LinkedIn’s New Company Pages” or view the SlideShare deck below. The ebook contains specific instruction on how to set up your LinkedIn Company Page.
// [slideshare id=14589542&doc=introlinkedincompanypagessinglepage-final-011-121004095600-phpapp02&type=d]